There's almost universal agreement that Vince walked away with the gold medal in the Channel Four Ask the Chancellors debate last night: see the Guardian, the Telegraph, the New Statesman, Channel Four, the Financial Times, the Spectator and the Independent.
That's some achievement, when Cable - given his reputation - had the most to lose from the programme. By contrast, expectations of the Conservatives' George Osborne were generally so low that any performance in which he didn't actually trip over his own shoelaces and burst into tears would be seen as a triumph - and he still managed to end up in third place in the Channel Four poll (later revised to a draw with Labour's Alistair Darling).
Clips of Vince's contributions to the debate are available here.
- ► 2011 (34)
- Thinking of voting Labservative?
- Ask the Chancellors
- Lark Rise to mail interception
- A clean, positive campaign
- Out in Wisbech
- Fire at old Belfast building in Wisbech
- Hustings in Wisbech
- Budget: Nick Clegg's response
- The tiger in the kitchen
- Conference diary
- Time to negotiate
- Cab for hire
- Breast cancer research pledge
- Team Liberal Democrat
- Questions from Wisbech Grammar students (4): right...
- Questions from Wisbech Grammar students (3): tax a...
- Questions from Wisbech Grammar students (2): the p...
- Questions from Wisbech Grammar students (1): hung ...
- A visit to Wisbech Grammar
- Liberal Democrat spring conference highlights
- Whittlesey Community Fair
- So close ...
- ▼ March (22)